Neuroscience Applied to Osteopathy
Autorégulation, Stress, Trauma et Resiliency
Instructor: Anne-Julie Morand B.Sc, Ost. DO (CAN)
About Anne-Julie Morand
Anne-Julie Morand is a clinician, teacher and international speaker in Women's Health as well as Neurosciences applied to Osteopathy/self-regulation, clinical manager, educational consultant and she sits on the Board of Ostéopathie Québec for the regulation of the profession. With a Baccalaureate in Psychology from McGill University (2002), then a Bacc. In Osteopathie (Hons from Wales University), she completed a research thesis on Stress, the HPA axis and caregivers for the diploma in Osteopathy DO. Behavioral aspects, resilience and consistency have long been of great interest to her.
During this seminar, Anne-Julie will take you through the different theories surrounding psycho-neuroendocrinoimmunology and their interrelationships with the inherent self-regulation mechanisms of the human body. Participants will come out with concrete, specific and effective practical applications to allow the patient to find a more centered and healthy balance at the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS :
- Implementation of the Biopsychosocial model and EBP (Evidence Based Practice). State of knowledge in neurosciences allowing to develop an overall health profile at the physical, neurovegetative, emotional and spiritual level – Mind-Body Practice.
- Elaboration of Psycho-neuroendocrino-immunological dynamics and their interactions at the systemic level. Neurobiophysiological consideration. Stress, HPA Axis, polyvagual and PTSD.
- Proposal of approaches allowing a better harmony of the unit and the use of the state of presence (Applied Mindfulness) as a therapeutic tool.
- Improve the evaluation and validation of palpation on different levels of tissue expression: tensegrity, viscosity, turgor, cell frequencies. Tissue Coherence vs Absence.
- Specify the characteristics of the osteopathic dysfunctions collected and their interpretation according to the reason for consultation.
- Application in different cases with dysfunctions affecting the fascia and musculoskeletal unit, the central axis, the vascular tree, the neurovegetative unit or the endocrino-immunological unit.
- Take care of the therapist first: grounding - anchoring - centration - breathing - cardiac coherence - somatic release - breathwork - self-induced trance - connection. A veritable internal laboratory to help take care of participants, get out of compassion fatigue and develop effective palpatory dexterity.
- Method allowing a better state of availability of the patients
- Systematic work to assess and address the interaction of the anterior and posterior unit with the central axis. The local vs the systemic: somato-visceral links, vegetative segmentations, vasomotion, endocranium and hormonal interactions.
- Evaluation and treatment of dysfunctions of the vascular tree related to the Psycho-neuro-endocrino-immunological system (Polyvagual, trigeminal, hypothalamo-pituitary axis and associated networks).
Integration within the natural synergies of the body in order to stimulate or recover the dynamics of self-regulation in various temporary or chronic health conditions.
Unification Body-Heart-Mind (Soul) / Mind-Body-Spirit
Neuroscience Applied to Osteopathy
Day 1 - At the heart of osteopathy
- The Physical Vehicle: is it inhabited or not?
- Upgrading / integration: quality of presence - consciousness - soul in relation to the mine body and the EBP (biopsychosocial BPS)
- Revisiting the basics of osteopathy from the tangible to the intangible - how to navigate with regard to current knowledge and the contribution of tradition and elders.
- Material Movement Spirit – A.T.Still
- Upgraded palpation of tissue, fluid and energy levels; concept of frequencies
- Internal heart opening laboratory
- Vascular tree
- The 3 hearts
- Soul Touch - The Silent Partner
- Breathing / The Breath of Life: Somatic Experience, Breathwork and Consciousness workshop
Day 2 - neuroscience: psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology applied to osteopathy
- The body - this nervous system: how to observe it / feel it / see it and understand its states: resistance, adaptation, compensation, inflammation, chronicity, disease
- the primary zones the levels of expression of the material
- Normalization of the brain, trunk, bulb, thalamus, pituitary and central gray nuclei
- Key areas of neuromodulation
- Understanding of coping mechanisms
- Concussion - impact force
- Stress, anxiety / depression, trauma, PTSD and Polyvaguale theory - do not try to fix but how to perceive support accompany and help the regulation of the 7 senses
Day 3 - synchronization and consistency
- The glands - palpation and normalization dependent on the nervous system - hormonal dialogue
- Immune system and autoimmune disorder - Self Integrity
- Healing vs regeneration
- Visceral normalization: embryogenesis and chronobiology - somato/visceral - cell parenchyma, physiological function and palpation
- Synchronization of different systems
- Promotion of self-regulation and resilience.
It is important to first regulate in oneself to have the right benchmarks in our patients
This seminar will therefore first take care of the participants at the level of their systems: nervous physical postural mental emotional and spiritual to facilitate the integration of theoretical notions but especially in the felt and the living - interface of care in osteopathy
Looking forward to share with you the synthesis of 20 years of practice and the tools that will optimize and empower your osteopathic touch.
Clinical case enables to better understand the intelligence of the body - its coping mechanisms and systemic units
- How the endocrine is related to the nervous system which depends on the vascular system
- How to target primarity
- How to travel between the different palpatory components
- how to promote self-regulation or even regeneration
‘‘Not only will they visit, in this information-rich weekend, psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology, but they will acquire tools for understanding and supporting stress, chronic disorders, PTSD and immune disorders.
A daily internal laboratory period will allow you to take care of yourself first - in yourself in order to then be able to integrate everything into osteopathic care.’’